Friday, October 28, 2016

October

A misty October morning, bright with the promise of a clear new day. 
The trees are still holding their leaves close, it has been mild and dry and warm for this time of year.  The bare bones of branch will be revealed soon, when the whisperings of Winter become more frequent. No significant frosty mornings here yet... just mist and damp and that silvery light that I love so.
Before the dawn a shower of rain fell. In the garden water droplets pose ready to drop and replenish a tiny patch of earth or give morning refreshment to an insect or bird. 
Fairy necklaces have been born of clever spiders and now drape from stem to stem. Beaded and sparkling water diamonds, fit for the Faerie Queen herself.
Each handmade strand stretching here and there and connecting from leaf to stem, stem to flower, flower to hedge, hedge to branch and from branch to tree. All over the countryside, villages, towns, cities, and gardens almost invisible silken strands link and connect mostly without us noticing. Like our own lives do.    
Natures beauty is transcendent.
Inside... I brought the Autumn with me. Not the cobwebs, I have them already... ;) A big bunch of rose hips. Normally I always leave them for the birds, but this year there were so many berries in the garden and this bush had got so tall, it was due a little cut back to help it bush up and shoot from the bottom next year.  
Apples were picked and brought in too, for pies.
The rose hips also had another purpose as well as looking wonderful and seasonal, they were needed for a painting...
'The Shining Ones'    
               
The painting was based on a rough drawing that has been in my sketchbook for several years. I often work like that and go back to something which wasn't finished, or an idea that has quickly been jotted down and left for another day.  'The Shining Ones' is available to buy as a print here.

My little shining ray of light, I am pleased to say is still here. Although sometimes he would prefer not to have his photograph taken.
Other times he isn't bothered. :)
Other work that has  recently been completed, was another old one that was half done and left to linger beneath a fine layer of dust and a home to a spider. It's of Robin Good fellows dear friend the Wren. Such a small bird but oh so noisy in the hedgerow.
'Little King' 
Little King is also available to buy as a print in my shop and there will be some cards coming soon too.

Karen 
X

11 comments:

  1. I so love reading your blog the words pictures and art are always on so beautiful thank you ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Emma I'm glad that you like it. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful as always, and I look forward to the cards xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maura. :) I will share when the cards are ready. x

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing the beauty of your world in photos, words and art... you inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful magical beauty in your words, photos, and art. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such joy and spirit in your postings - always they sing to me. Thank you! I wonder if you ever came across a book "Braiding the Sweetgrass"[hope that's correct} by Robin Wall Kimmerer. I think that you would love. Her spirit is also a beautiful one.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary again - the title is Braiding Sweetgrass. Almost right.

      Delete
  6. Lovely blog, clever photo's and beautiful paintings😄

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are so beautiful. I love the painting too.
    blessings
    ~*~

    ps...I really love my hanger I purchased from you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just found your blog. I'm thoroughly enchanted. If you published your blog as a book I would so buy it. Thank you for sharing your world in such an uplifting manner. I love the reminder of things that really matter in our amazing world. And the gorgeous photos just add to the delight. I'm thinking coffee table book, large format please...(wink, wink).
    Sarita

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much you for leaving me a comment.
It's great to hear from you! :-)